Sunday, February 13, 2011

Do you know him?

So the family was at Baja Fresh, yesterday.  We go there every Valentine's Day or close to it as our family tradition.  We were sitting next to the door.  Two guys walk in and head towards a table to set stuff down.  My four year old daughter's face lit up and exclaimed "Mom look who it is, its those men." Both my wife and I look over there at the guys and look back at each other a little confused.  My wife asks her "Do you know those men?" "No, I just have never seen them before."

I thought that was pretty funny and then I thought of the significance of being seen.  We are told that Christ knows each of us.

Today, during the blessing of her sandwich, she said "Thank you for the food and please bless the food and the drink and Mommy." After the prayer my five year old said, "well I don't say bless Mommy in all my prayers."  To which she replied, "well she needs to be blessed."  "I know that, just I don't always say it."

From the mouth of a four year old the significance of honoring your Father and Mother and being your [Mother's] keeper is shown from this experience.  She knows what is going on.  She amazes me at how smart she is.  My gorgeous wife and I try to teach them what is right and wrong as much as we can.  I sometimes wish we can teach more.

No comments:

Post a Comment