Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 2

All the world needs love, day 2 of our future.  If you don't recall Day 1 here is the link:

http://xaviotmon.blogspot.com/2012/06/love-is-all-worldneeds.html

Day 2

It wasn't as if I swept her off her feet.  She was just obsessed with me.  Possessive really.  So obsessed that she used her best friend, a stud of a man that had way more mechanical skills than me, to call another girl that went on the blind date with us (remember it was the group blind date I didn't need someone to chaperone me).  The ironic thing was that the other girl went out on a date with me just a few weeks prior and now she was essentially signing my life to another.  Not that she and I had any hope together anyway.  In fact now that I'm thinking of her I'm remembering that her sister still owes me money for when I paid for Chinese for everyone...not that I'm holding any grudges...and no I didn't take her sister on a date with me and her.

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself.  Before she sent her private detective to track down my number we had a walk on the beach.  Not the private detective and me...Tif and me.  The warm air was a surprise on an April day.  Walking on the beach I noticed something interesting.  She kept scooping down and picking up some glass.  Well my logical mind kicked in.  Oh this girl likes to clean up beaches...maybe I should.  After I shoveled wads of paper, no sanitizer (I can almost picture Crystal rocking back and forth with her clean sanitized thumb in her mouth, covering one ear with her other hand and the other ear jammed against her shoulder saying no I can't hear this...good thing it is text on a screen and not my charming voice), anyway the wads of paper, probably had some goo that was accumulated with months of decay.  Walking back to the jeep she stuck her hand out saying "Oh my Mom will love these for her stepping stones she is making."  I noticed the glass and feeling a little abashed I quickly took the wad of junk out of my pocket...I still threw it in the garbage rather than upon the ground.  At this time she still didn't have my number.  She needed me about five hours later and that was when the magnifying glass came out and the search began, by yes that stud that I believe even wore a superman shirt to the movie.  I had my number why did she need it.  I was supposed to ask for hers she now says.

So the call came and I went to a movie.  Yes it was the same movie that she went to.  I even got to sit next to her.  I had all the slyness of any junior high boy (10 years of experience or lack thereof coming into play) and moved the arm rest up placing my hand upon her arm.  Oh yeah...I'm that cool.  The warmth of her near me made my stomach do cartwheels...it was either that or the indigestion of 44 oz soda with buttery popcorn, actually the soda and the buttery popcorn were not mixed when I consumed them.  I was sightly disappointed that she didn't jump, due to fear, into my lap.  I can't recall much more, but that was day 2.  I may finish all the days before I die.

1 comment:

  1. I love your writing, humor and silly memories. At this rate you may make it to us becoming engaged by the te we have been married fifty years!

    ReplyDelete