Sunday, June 10, 2012

The police will take you away

I was reading an old message I saved in my IPhone concerning a visit to Roadhouse.  Setting the stage, I got home from work and was exhausted.  The girls were convinced that we were going to Roadhouse.  Tif told them, since it was after six and I had a coupon that only worked from three to six, that the restaurant also had a bar and that the police would come and take away little kids if they were in the bar and that the parents would get in trouble.

Fast forward two days to when Tif was out of the country; one of her little escapades to Holland.  The girls and I went there and after they ate the ice cream feast, shaped like the Devil's Tower from close encounters and just as big 


the dialog began:


Keira: dad it is getting late, the police might come. 


Me: no we are fine.

Scharae: let's go!


Me: we have to pay the bill first and then we can go. 


Scharae began to have a melt down, similar to the ones that Keira had when she did not get a perfect math paper


Scharae: the police will take me away because mommy told me so...it is late and kids can't be here. 


Trying to soothe her was similar to pulling a golf ball out of a ferocious alligator's mouth, completely and utterly impossible and with the same result you lose body parts. After the tortuous screaming for about 30 minutes, okay maybe 30 seconds, she finally simmered down and as we were leaving Keira noticed a little girl in the restaurant.  When we were in the car she expressed her concern that the police were going to take that girl away (good thing she didn't shout that in Roadhouse). I told her that mom will have to clarify. Thanks Tif!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're posting the cute things the girls have said/done...I tend to forget to ever actually write them down!

    ReplyDelete